The April 4th card from 2Pound Sports and Entertainment at the Clackamas Armory continues to come together!
In the 10-round main event, Layla "Amazing' McCarter meets Yamila "La Maquinita" Reynoso for McCarter's GBU and WIBF welterweight titles. While most fights in women's boxing have two-minute rounds, Oregon gives fighters the option of fighting three minutes, and both McCarter and Reynoso were up for the challenge, adding a full 10 minutes of punching to an already exciting fight.
Layla hasn't fought three-minute rounds in more than 10 years. But in 2017 she said in an interview, "Three minute rounds should be mandatory for all professional fighters, regardless of gender," adding that she outdid every man in her gym when it came to stamina and endurance.
There are still details to iron out, but the rest of the card (so far) is as follows:
- Chris "The Truth" Johnson, 7-0 Oregon Golden Gloves winner, will take on an opponent to be named at 152 lbs.
- Portland's Joe Aguilar, 1-0, will face Dylan Carlson of Klamath Falls, Ore., also 1-0, in a 4 round bout at 165 lbs.
- 1-0 Bryan Sanchez of Portland will face Daniel Hastie of Nampa, Idaho in a 4 round lightweight bout
- Salem, Ore.'s Blaiwas Eaglepipe, 2-1, squares off with Portland's Jonathan Lira, 0-1, for 4 rounds at 131 lbs.
- Hood River, Ore.'s Ramon Martinez makes his professional debut against Pasco, Wash.'s Roman Avetisyan, 0-3, in a 4 round fight at 168 lbs.
- Abdul Kamara of Portland, 1-2, opens the card fighting Kevin Davila, 5-8-2, of Auburn, Wash. for 4 rounds at 142 lbs.
2Pound Sports is proud to bring another fight card loaded with Pacific Northwest talent to local fight fans. April 4th is quickly approaching and the fighters will be ready for Fight Night 5: Put Up Or Shut Up!